- To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice issue.
- The information from the ‘Illustration’ part of our lessons in Weeks 1-6 will mentor you through this process. Your change process is to be set up as a pilot project.
EBP Change Process (form)
- Download the EBP Change Process form (Links to an external site.) during Week 1.
- The use of this specific form is REQUIRED and is due at the end of Week 6.
- A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed in the short video above.
- Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
- Locate a systematic review on your topic from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews located in the Chamberlain Library. Be sure this involves nursing actions.
- Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
- Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
- Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
- Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
- Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
- Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed. Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
- For questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.
- Use the grading rubric as a final way to check that all components of the form have been completed. The rubric is the tool your instructor will use to assess your content.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeA systematic review from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews was selected, identified, and was appropriate for the selected nursing change process.||
|Star Point 1 (Discovery) The topic, nursing practice issue, rationale and scope of practice were clearly identified and described.||
|Star Point 2 (Summary) The NURSING practice problem, NURSING related PICOT question, Cochrane systematic review, and other optional references, evidence summary, strength, and solutions, are listed and described.||
|Star Point 3 (Translation) Care standards, practice guidelines, or protocols; stakeholders and their roles and responsibilities; the nursing role; rationale for including certain stakeholders, and cost analysis plan are addressed.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStar Point 4 (Implementation) Permission process, education plan, timeline, measurable outcomes, forms, resources, and stakeholder meetings, are addressed.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStar Point 5 (Evaluation) Reporting results, process and next steps are addressed.||
|Information was presented clearly and thoughts were well organized and logical.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThe systematic review and any other scholarly resources were properly listed in APA format. The writing includes error free grammar and spelling, and complete sentence structure.||
Template provided below is to be used!
I have completed partially the first 2 pages, Please continue to work on the rest of the pages and make adjustments as necessary.
Turnitin will be used and it had updates and will find any plagiarism. Please follow all steps above!